Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Great Commision

Friday night and Saturday morning I went with my church to hand out flyers about an event we are having. It awakened the desire in me to evangelize; I heard others voice the same thing. Some years ago I would go out on rainy nights and hand out umbrellas, bibles, etc. It always amazed me how many people you would see walking in the rain. Later on a friend of mine started to go with me but we eventually stopped going. I can think back on the faces of the people that were witnessed to; the looks of total surprise that someone would just give them something. On Friday night, when I went with my church to hand out flyers there was a group of people outside of a gay club with signs. I looked hoping the message was God loves you and a call to come to Jesus and not one of condemnation which tends to push people further from God instead of closer. The clock is ticking we need to be drawing as many people as we can to Christ and we must draw them by love.

Luke 4:18 KJV
The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted , to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lukewarm by Grace

Psalm 23

Psalm 91

Mother and Child