Monday, May 2, 2011

AS THE DEER PANTETH FOR THE WATER BROOKS SO PANTETH MY SOUL AFTER THEE, O GOD

I have had close encounters with God. At one time God's presence would overtake me and it felt like it was almost to much to stand. I long for that again. I hear God and I feel his presence but I want more; I want to be closer. I want to touch the hem of his garment. I want a Moses encounter and have God pass by me. I know that I am clothed in flesh but I long for Spirit to Spirit and to remain conscious of it. How can we get closer? Not just an experience; I want to spend time with my Lord. I want to hear his voice in the cool of the day. I want him to walk with me. I want him to be my friend, my companion. I express this longing to God at times. The last time I did he told me "You can have as much of me as you want; I am a deep well; you can drink of me freely".
John 4
10 Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink ; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water. 11 The woman saith unto him, Sir, thou hast nothing to draw with, and the well is deep: from whence then hast thou that living water? 12 Art thou greater than our father Jacob, which gave us the well, and drank thereof himself, and his children, and his cattle? 13 Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: 14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst ; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life. 15 The woman saith unto him, Sir, give me this water, that I thirst not, neither come hither to draw .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lukewarm by Grace

Psalm 23

Psalm 91

Mother and Child