Wednesday, April 25, 2012

There is Power in Righteouness

Since I had been dealing with doubt I decided that my children and I would study faith this week. I pray with my children but God has really been dealing with me about doing more like teaching etc. I am including my younger children too so I am using the story of Noah to teach them on their level. Yesterday we read Genesis chapter 6 and I told them the story of Noah; my little girl said someone had brought a book about Noah to school which made me happy. Today I went to church and had my older two children pray with the younger children and read them Genesis Chapter 7. I read Genesis chapter 7 as well and the fact that Noah's righteousness caused God to save a remnant really impacted me. Other parts that stood out were
Genesis Chapter 7:11In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the window of heaven were opened.
Genesis Chapter7:15 And they went in unto Noah into the ark,two and two of all flesh, wherin is the breath of life.
7:22 All in whose nostris was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died.

A definition of dry is unproductive of the expected results. I am reminded of something we have been talking about in church Luke 13

Luke 13
5.I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent , ye shall all likewise perish .
6.He spake also this parable; A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard; and he came and sought fruit thereon , and found none.
7.Then said he unto the dresser of his vineyard, Behold , these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down ; why cumbereth it the ground?
8And he answering said unto him, Lord, let it alone this year also, till I shall dig about it, and dung it:
9.And if it bear fruit, well: and if not, then after that thou shalt cut it down.

It's like God was saying all the dry and unproductive I will destroy and he destroyed it by the very thing it was lacking...moisture. We really need to get it together in this hour before God comes back and finds that we still have not produced fruit. God is merciful and loving but how long will he hold back his wrath.The enemy has launched an attack that has caused a lot of people to lose focus (I was one of the people) but I will pray that all that can be saved find safety in the ark.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lukewarm by Grace

Psalm 23

Psalm 91

Mother and Child