Sunday, April 22, 2012

Delayed But Not Denied: Reclaiming Your Identity

In a previous post I posted about how when checking on a matter representatives would ask me if I had been a victim of identity theft. It turns out that I was and because of this something that I was waiting on was delayed. I did not realize what affect it had on me at first. I missed church last Sunday and I had planned not to go this Sunday but God told me that if I didn't I would be in disobedience. I went and the service was good. It was good the last time I went too but still I think a part of me had given up. If God would have left me to myself who knows! What was delayed affected my finances and some things I had been waiting to do I couldn't do and it affected me. I won't pretend that it didn't. I was like, I waited and waited and then something that rarely happens just happened to happen to me. I had the attitude that I'm just gonna do what I want if its going to be like this anyway. Some things I won't do because my grace is gone in those areas but I found myself listening to secular music again among some other things. Today in church I realized doubt had crept in and how. Before church God had been dealing with me about taking steps to achieve some of the things I had asked him for. After church I went for a drive and I stopped somewhere that had gardenia bushes; I smelled the fragrance and it was as if God was reminding me of who I was in him. God then told me to drive downtown. I have always wanted to live downtown but the houses are very expensive so I guess I had kind of put that down. It was as if God was telling me to dream again, hope again. In church my pastor said not to die not realizing that what is in your spirit will heal you...Amen. God has placed hidden treasures within us. We must continue to search until we discover them and how he wants us to use them.

2 Corinthians 4:7
But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lukewarm by Grace

Psalm 23

Psalm 91

Mother and Child