Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Satiated

Satiated: to satisfy (as a need or desire) fully or to excess

Satiety: the quality or state of being fed or gratified to or beyond capacity : surfeit, fullness

I have a Bible CD collection and I recently bought an mp3 player and recorded scripture on it and began to listen to it from time to time. For a while now I have tried to read at least few chapters in various books in the Bible daily. I have been playing my Bible Cds in the DVD player at bedtime and yesterday I received the complete Bible on DVD that I had ordered. I believe we have gotten beyond the point of reading a few chapters of the Bible a day and that being effective. I believe we need to immerse ourselves in scripture; to become satiated with the Word of God in order to be able to stand.

Phillipians 4
1.Therefore, my brethren dearly beloved and longed for, my joy and crown, so stand fast in the Lord, my dearly beloved.
2. I beseech Euodias, and beseech Syntyche, that they be of the same mind in the Lord.
3.And I intreat thee also, true yoke fellow, help those women which laboured with me in the gospel, with Clement also, and with other my fellow labourers, whose names are in the book of life.
4.Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say , Rejoice .,
5.Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.
6. Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
7.And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
8.Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
9.Those things, which ye have both learned , and received , and heard , and seen in me, do : and the God of peace shall be with you

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lukewarm by Grace

Psalm 23

Psalm 91

Mother and Child