Saturday, November 5, 2011

Faithful

I went to the beach and the fed the birds today: going to the water always makes me feel close to God. The beauty of his creation makes me long to be closer to him. As I fed the birds I gleaned spiritual lessons. I noticed how hungry the birds were. On a summer day everyone wants to go to the beach and a lot of people feed the birds, but on a cold day birds seem hungrier and the ones that want the bread bad enough come closer; close enough that it is almost like you're looking eye to eye.Even though you may throw the bread out on the water you make sure that you give the bread to the ones that are close. There is a key principle that came to me from watching the birds that I will be careful to put into action...on cold days come even closer to the source.

Matthew 24:45 KJV
Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lukewarm by Grace

Psalm 23

Psalm 91

Mother and Child