I HEARD "A MEASURE OF WHEAT" AND I GOT SO EXCITED BECAUSE I WAS FAMILIAR WITH THE SCRIPTURE IN 2 KINGS 7 AND I THOUGHT THE LORD WAS TELLING ME THINGS WERE GOING TO TURN AROUND OVER NIGHT.WHEN I LOOKED FOR THE SCRIPTURE I CAME ACROSS REVELATION 6. I BELIEVE THAT IN THIS NEXT MOVE OF GOD IF WE AS THE BELIEVER ARE FOUND FAITHFUL IN THE HOUR OF VISITATION GOD WILL REWARD BUT...IF WE ARE FOUND UNFAITHFUL THERE WILL BE WEEPING
2 KINGS 7
1. Then Elisha said , Hear ye the word of the LORD; Thus saith the LORD, To morrow about this time shall a measure of fine flour be sold for a shekel, and two measures of barley for a shekel, in the gate of Samaria.
2. Then a lord on whose hand the king leaned answered the man of God, and said , Behold, if the LORD would make windows in heaven, might this thing be? And he said , Behold, thou shalt see it with thine eyes, but shalt not eat thereof.
3. And there were four leprous men at the entering in of the gate: and they said one to another, Why sit we here until we die ?
4. If we say , We will enter into the city, then the famine is in the city, and we shall die there: and if we sit still here, we die also. Now therefore come , and let us fall unto the host of the Syrians: if they save us alive , we shall live ; and if they kill us, we shall but die .
5. And they rose up in the twilight, to go unto the camp of the Syrians: and when they were come to the uttermost part of the camp of Syria, behold, there was no man there.
6. For the Lord had made the host of the Syrians to hear a noise of chariots, and a noise of horses, even the noise of a great host: and they said one to another, Lo, the king of Israel hath hired against us the kings of the Hittites, and the kings of the Egyptians, to come upon us.
7. Wherefore they arose and fled in the twilight, and left their tents, and their horses, and their asses, even the camp as it was, and fled for their life.
8. And when these lepers came to the uttermost part of the camp, they went into one tent, and did eat and drink , and carried thence silver, and gold, and raiment, and went and hid it; and came again , and entered into another tent, and carried thence also, and went and hid it.
9. Then they said one to another, We do not well: this day is a day of good tidings, and we hold our peace : if we tarry till the morning light, some mischief will come upon us: now therefore come , that we may go and tell the king's household.
10. So they came and called unto the porter of the city: and they told them, saying , We came to the camp of the Syrians, and, behold, there was no man there, neither voice of man, but horses tied , and asses tied , and the tents as they were.
11. And he called the porters; and they told it to the king's house within.
12. And the king arose in the night, and said unto his servants, I will now shew you what the Syrians have done to us. They know that we be hungry; therefore are they gone out of the camp to hide themselves in the field, saying , When they come out of the city, we shall catch them alive, and get into the city.
13. And one of his servants answered and said , Let some take , I pray thee, five of the horses that remain , which are left in the city, (behold, they are as all the multitude of Israel that are left in it: behold, I say, they are even as all the multitude of the Israelites that are consumed :) and let us send and see .
14. They took therefore two chariot horses; and the king sent after the host of the Syrians, saying , Go and see .
15. And they went after them unto Jordan: and, lo, all the way was full of garments and vessels, which the Syrians had cast away in their haste . And the messengers returned , and told the king.
16. And the people went out , and spoiled the tents of the Syrians. So a measure of fine flour was sold for a shekel, and two measures of barley for a shekel, according to the word of the LORD.
17. And the king appointed the lord on whose hand he leaned to have the charge of the gate: and the people trode upon him in the gate, and he died , as the man of God had said , who spake when the king came down to him.
18. And it came to pass as the man of God had spoken to the king, saying , Two measures of barley for a shekel, and a measure of fine flour for a shekel, shall be to morrow about this time in the gate of Samaria:
19. And that lord answered the man of God, and said , Now, behold, if the LORD should make windows in heaven, might such a thing be? And he said , Behold, thou shalt see it with thine eyes, but shalt not eat thereof.
20. And so it fell out unto him: for the people trode upon him in the gate, and he died .
1.And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard , as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying , Come and see .
2.And I saw , and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering , and to conquer.
3.And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say , Come and see .
4.And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat there on to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.
5.And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say , Come and see . And I beheld , and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand
6.And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say , A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.
7.And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say , Come and see .
8.And I looked , and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.
9.And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held :
10.And they cried with a loud voice, saying , How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
11.And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellow servants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled .
12.And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo , there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
13.And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
14.And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together ; and every mountain and is land were moved out of their places.
15.And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
16.And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sittet hon the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
17For the great day of his wrath is come ; and who shall be able to stand ?