Saturday, September 5, 2009

Don't Eat Your Seed It Won't Fill You Up!

Malachi
3:8 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.

3:9 Ye [are] cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, [even] this whole nation.

3:10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that [there shall] not [be room] enough [to receive it].

3:11 And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts.

3:12 And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the LORD of hosts.

Today while in the mall I saw a cute shirt. I didn't have much money and I had already had an impression on my heart to give an offering of what I had but the shirt was soooo cute that I began to waiver in my decision to give what I had as an offering and buying the shirt. I then felt in my spirit that if I bought the shirt I would be walking in disobedience. I decided I didn't want that so I left the store. While leaving the store and getting ready to go to my car I felt a assurance in my spirit that my decision tonight will lead to my being able to by many cute shirts. Here recently God has been having me to sow my last (I'm expecting a widow's mite anointing but I will live and not die and declare the works of the Lord); my flesh kicks against this new thing very hard but then reality sets in. What I have isn't enough anyway. Now I'm not encouraging people to take their mortgage money and put it in the offering bowl on Sunday. But I am encouraging you to tithe and give an offering and when God impresses it upon your heart to give a specific amount to do it. The Lord is faithful, he will provide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lukewarm by Grace

Psalm 23

Psalm 91

Mother and Child