Friday, July 3, 2009

Cleanlines Is Next To Godliness

Although the saying "Cleanliness is next to Godliness" cannot be found in scripture I have found it to be true in my life. This morning I cleaned my bathroom from top to bottom; keeping a clean home is something I always did in the past. Lately I have not been keeping my home as clean as I should. My cousin and I had a conversation about cleaning once and I told her that how clean I keep my home is a reflection on what is going on in my life. When I am relatively happy and I am praying daily, I keep a clean home but when I am depressed, not going to church as I should, and not praying as I should I have the attitude like "I am the queen of the junk pile"; I don't have the energy or desire to clean during those times. When my house is clean at times I find myself just singing or starting to pray to the Lord spontaneously. I looked for a scripture about cleanliness and found this one in
2 Corinthians 7:1 7:1 Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God. I will push myself to clean from now on. If I start out by cleaning (thoroughly cleaning) one room per day I will but I have often found that when you start you find yourself doing more than you thought you would or could.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lukewarm by Grace

Psalm 23

Psalm 91

Mother and Child