Monday, February 13, 2017

Seek God's Face

There is confusion all around and God is not the author of confusion so we as believers need to be praying fervently; we need to pray for truth, discernment and that God's will be done. I feel that something needed to be done about terrorism; I saw America changing and how against Christ and Christianity people were becoming. Something needed to be done; America was on its way to becoming the modern day Sodom and Gomorrah where anything goes and morality was the minority. This agenda to remove Hispanic immigrants bothers me though. I have always noticed similarities between my culture and the Hispanic culture. I heard someone say "Turn In the Bad Ones" when referring to another issue and I feel that this should be the case with immigration. This is a nation of immigrants. I feel that instead of focusing on an entire race we should be focusing on doing something about "the bad ones". Most people just want to live and take care of their families...there is no crime in that; it is admirable. Before this immigration initiative I knew good families that lived in fear...they went to work, church, nearby stores and basically stayed in their neighborhood because of fear of deportation...what life must be like for them now. You can feel the thick sense of "Terror" in this community. I have always thought it strange how susceptible people are to becoming the very thing they are fighting against...crooked cops, fallen preachers, unethical doctors. Some of these people went in with the purest of intentions but somewhere along the journey they became overtaken by the very thing they were fighting. I think its because a lot of the time we forget we are not wrestling against mere flesh and blood and if we don't constantly seek God we stand the risk of conversion.

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

2 Chronicles 7:14
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then shall I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lukewarm by Grace

Psalm 23

Psalm 91

Mother and Child