Sunday, September 4, 2011

The Word of the Lord/Rekindling the Fire

Yesterday my cousin and I were talking about reading the bible. She said that she is reading the bible everyday now. I told her that I had start back reading the bible daily too and I was so grateful because God was bringing back my love for the scripture. I told her how I liked the way Jesus talked, that it was different from everyone else...I tried to remember something he (Jesus) said but I couldn't at the time but tonight while studying I found it! Jesus said "I Say Unto You" alot when he spoke. I am finding little things like that and they are rekindling the fire within me. When I first started reading the bible God use to speak to me through scripture. He would tell me a scripture and it would answer a question that I had; I would dream scriptures; and the bible was exciting to me. Somewhere in there I lost that zeal and I read the bible because I knew I needed to. That has began to change lately; I am enjoying reading the bible again. Today in church my pastor spoke on the importance of reading God's word. God put it in my heart to read the words of Jesus so I will be studying Matthew,Luke,Mark and John. Tonight I read about the Baptism of Jesus and how the heavens were opened at the time of his baptism. Jesus told John "Suffer it to be so now: for this becometh us to fulfull all righteousness" that statement is so profound and can be applied to so many areas of our lives.

Matthew 3:13-17
13.Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.
14.But John forbad him, saying , I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?
15.And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him.
16.And Jesus, when he was baptized , went up straightway out of the water: and, lo , the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
17.And lo a voice from heaven, saying , This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased .

Mark 1:9-11
9.And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized of John in Jordan.
10.And straightway coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens opened , and the Spirit like a dove descending upon him:
11.And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased .

Luke 3:21-22
21.Now when all the people were baptized , it came to pass , that Jesus also being baptized , and praying , the heaven was opened ,
22.And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said , Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lukewarm by Grace

Psalm 23

Psalm 91

Mother and Child