4. Yet now be strong , O Zerubbabel, saith the LORD; and be strong , O Joshua, son of Josedech, the high priest; and be strong , all ye people of the land, saith the LORD, and work : for I am with you, saith the LORD of hosts:
5. According to the word that I covenanted with you when ye came out of Egypt, so my spirit remaineth among you: fear ye not.
6. For thus saith the LORD of hosts; Yet once, it is a little while, and I will shake the heavens, and the earth, and the sea, and the dry land;
7. And I will shake all nations, and the desire of all nations shall come : and I will fill this house with glory, saith the LORD of hosts.
8. The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, saith the LORD of hosts.
9. The glory of this latter house shall be greater than of the former, saith the LORD of hosts: and in this place will I give peace, saith the LORD of hosts.
10. In the four and twentieth day of the ninth month, in the second year of Darius, came the word of the LORD by Haggai the prophet, saying ,
11. Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Ask now the priests concerning the law, saying ,
12. If one bearholy flesh in the skirt of his garment, and with his skirt do touch bread, or pottage, or wine, or oil, or any meat, shall it be holy ? And the priests answered and said , No.
13. Then said Haggai, If one that is unclean by a dead body touch any of these, shall it be unclean ? And the priests answered and said , It shall be unclean .
14. Then answered Haggai, and said , So is this people, and so is this nation before me, saith the LORD; and so is every work of their hands; and that which they offer there is unclean.
15. And now, I pray you, consider from this day and upward, from before a stone was laid upon a stone in the temple of the LORD:
16. Since those days were, when one came to an heap of twenty measures, there were but ten: when one came to the press fat for to draw out fifty vessels out of the press, there were but twenty.
17. I smote you with blasting and with mildew and with hail in all the labours of your hands; yet ye turned not to me, saith the LORD.
18.Consider now from this day and upward, from the four and twentieth day of the ninth month, even from the day that the foundation of the LORD'S temple was laid, consider it.
19. Is the seed yet in the barn? yea, as yet the vine, and the fig tree, and the pomegranate, and the olive tree, hath not brought forth : from this day will I bless you.
23. Be glad then, ye children of Zion, and rejoice in the LORD your God: for he hath given you the former rain moderately, and he will cause to come down for you the rain, the former rain, and the latter rain in the first month.
24. And the floors shall be full of wheat, and the fats shall overflow with wine and oil.
25. And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten , the cankerworm, and the caterpiller, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you.
26. And ye shall eat in plenty , and be satisfied , and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed.
27. And ye shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am the LORD your God, and none else: and my people shall never be ashamed .
28. And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy , your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
29 .And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.
30. And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.
31. The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terribl eday of the LORD come .
32. And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered : for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said , and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call .