Thursday, January 27, 2022

Green Pastures


 Up until a few months ago I thought that what was growing in my yard was weeds. I like to mow and do the up keep of my yard myself, but I often got annoyed because what I once thought were weeds would spring up and make the yard look like it needed to be cut before it really did. One day my brother came over and I was complaining about the "weeds" in my yard and he said "that's grass seed". That blew my mind... immediately I thought of how my not recognizing what I had in my own front yard could be likened to so many other things, like: how people don't recognize the value of something or someone; how the thing (or person) you need or want is right in front of you and you don't recognize it (I had been contemplating buying grass seed);or how the grass may look greener on the other side but if you just cultivated what you had there would be no comparison. Welp, I will be taking the bagger off my mower and I look forward to greener days.

Psalm 23:2

He taketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leaders me beside the still waters.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lukewarm by Grace

Psalm 23

Psalm 91

Mother and Child