Sunday, July 27, 2014

Sabbath

I heard "Seventh Hour" today and I knew God wanted to tell me something. I heard Matthew Chapter 10 and as I read it what stuck out to me was
 Matthew 10:19
But when they shall deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.
I knew that was a principle God wanted me to grasp but there was more so I began to search and I found a Jewish blog that talked about keeping the Sabbath. In the Western culture we generally go to church on Sunday and this is good but there is a deeper principle I feel like we have been missing.. a day of rest where we commune with and get to know God better; a day of impartation where we align ourselves to receive and we reverence God for being who he is. I am going to start observing the Sabbath...Matthew 11
             28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden , and I will give you rest . 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lukewarm by Grace

Psalm 23

Psalm 91

Mother and Child