Wednesday, January 29, 2014

REST

I went out of town last weekend; it was a well needed rest. I almost immediately felt better. The hustle and bustle of my day to day routine was put on hold and my only task was to relax. We get so busy with being busy and forget to take time for the things that really matter. I had a dream while on my mini vacation and in it someone I know was saying they were tired; the dream was confirmed a day or two later. I dream and have visions but the worries of life have had me so boggled down that my gifting had become stagnant. I took off Monday and due to strange weather in my area schools were closed and my job closed too for Tuesday and Wednesday. I am young and I know a lot of young people don't think about time, but I am almost militant about my time. I took a class and we made a schedule about how we spent our time. The vast majority of my time was spent working; now I know that I must be productive but I was upset when I thought about how much time was spent at work. There has to be a better way. In the upcoming days I will be praying and fasting for direction; for God to show me an alternative way to get wealth. For me more control of my finance or more finances would mean more time. This unexpected time to me was a blessing...it was an opportunity to rest. Some young ladies that I know and I have agreed to set time aside every month to get away to do something; I feel this is a good start. I also sense the need to spend alone time with God; just me and him to be refilled, renewed and restored. I believe our personal relationship with God will be key in this season not just with lip service or left overs of our time but time that has been purposely set aside.





Matthew 11

28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden , and I will give you rest . 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lukewarm by Grace

Psalm 23

Psalm 91

Mother and Child