Friday, September 27, 2013

HARVEST...AN EXPECTED END

Today was a crazy day! My mom spent her birthday with my grandmother in the ER, but thank God all is well. When I got off I called to check on my grandmother and to tell my mom happy birthday. When I said happy birthday my mom's response which was "thank you" was a little dry; so I asked "did you get your package" she said no.  After we got off the phone I checked my messages and sure enough the flower shop that I had placed my delivery with had called saying they were out of stock of the container for the flower arraignment I had ordered. By the time I checked the message the shop was closed so I went to walmart and got flowers and a candle warmer. I chose roses and sunflowers. I took two of the sunflowers out and decided to take one to my great aunt who lived close to the store. When I got there she looked at me strange and asked if I knew she had been sick. I told her no I just decided to stop by. I hugged her, talked to her briefly, gave her the flower and left. I then went to the hospital and gave my mom her gift and my grandmother her flower. Time is precious; especially time with the ones you love. I looked back on today's events in awe of the wisdom of God. He knew my great aunt had been sick and he knew going to the store by her home would make me think of her.
He knew that flowers would brighten my mother's day. Quite a few people I know have birthdays this month. I hope every one I hold dear had a good birthday. My birthday is next month; my son  got my gift early and asked if he could give it to me early. When I got home my gift was on the bed. It was a candle holder like the one he had seen me buy for another loved one whose birthday was this month. He had seen how much I liked it and had been waiting to surprise me with it, so in essence I had reaped what I had sown.
Ecclesiastes 3
11 He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lukewarm by Grace

Psalm 23

Psalm 91

Mother and Child