Friday, August 20, 2010

Cast Down Your Idols

Exodus 20:3
Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
I have been studying the children of Israel for a while. While studying one day God had me to study the children of Egypt in the wilderness. I came to the revelation that the children of Israel took something with them that they should have left and this is the reason they always turned back to idols. This is the reason something in them always wanted to go back. Idolatry is alive and well today. An idol can be anything we put before God. It can be a job, a relationship...anything. God should be our priority. God should be our first love. In this hour we must be willing to sacrifice anything; we should let nothing hinder our walk with God.
Matthew 10:37
He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
Matthew 10:38
And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lukewarm by Grace

Psalm 23

Psalm 91

Mother and Child