Saturday, February 19, 2022

God is is Faithful/Personal Halls of Faith

Last week I read Hebrews 11; I  read it and listened to it being read daily. At the end of the week I was all set to read another chapter in the Bible but God led me to continue reading it for another week. This week I also worshiped daily. Today as I was singing God called my attention to the fact that I was singing quietly. I tried to sing louder and found that there was some resistance there. Upon that realization I was determined to sing louder. I had been worshipping for 6 days and felt the presence of God but I hadn't realized that I was doing it quietly. It reminded me of the Battle of Jericho. Today was my seventh day and it was time for me to lift up my voice like a trumpet to breakthrough to victory. I sang a few songs and reflected on the fact that they were older songs. I turned on YouTube and began to sing along to various videos all of which were older songs. I knew the fact that I was singing songs that I had song over the years was significant. For one older songs were clear about who they were about...the name of Jesus was mentioned in most of the songs that I listened to and sang. I also thought about things that were going on while the songs were new and how the songs had helped me through some difficult times; times where my faith was tested.  I am grateful for the goodness of God. He has brought me through so many things...God is faithful.


Hebrews 12

1. Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay said every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 
2. Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith: who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Lukewarm by Grace

Psalm 23

Psalm 91

Mother and Child