Saturday, February 11, 2023

Timeless

 Today while I was getting ready to read the bible and I heard Hebrews 3:17. I had heard and read it before more than once recently so today I asked why am I reading this again? and I believe I have the answer.

Hebrews 3:17 But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned whose carcases fell in the wilderness? 

At first I was like Lord are you saying I am like the children of Israel? and what I got was that I was going to be separated from the sins of my father...Amen! and then I got more.

Numbers 11:32

Surely nome of the men that came up out of Egypt, from twenty years old and upward shall see the land which I sware unto Abraham, unto Isaac and unto Jacob because they have not wholly followed me

Numbers 11:33 Save Caleb the son of Jephunneh the Kenezite and Joshua the son of Nun: For they have wholly followed the Lord.

According  to Joshua 14:7 Caleb was 40 when he went to spy out the land so we can guess that he was around 80 when he entered into the promise land and the oldest of the other children of Israel was 60 and the youngest was at least 40.

This realization caused me to bubble up with Joy. It was as if God was saying you are worried that you are getting older but the youngest of the children of Israel to enter into the promise was 40 years old!

In the 40th chapter of Isaiah in verse 31 God says he will renew our strength.  In Joel Chapter 2 verse 25 God says he will restore our years. In Deuteronomy 29:5 God says that for the forty years that the children of Israel wandered in the desert their clothes and shoes did not wear out.

God is a God of Miracles and he is a God of Restoration and Preservation; he is more than able to supernaturally keep us. Most of us have met someone who causes heads to turn and mouths to open when they say how old they are; God is able to do the same for us. Fear not, there is still time to enter into and enjoy the promises of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lukewarm by Grace

Psalm 23

Psalm 91

Mother and Child