Friday, September 16, 2011

The Hurt Behind the Anger

Tonight I felt really led to go see a fellow church member speak. Today was a hectic day! When I got home my children told me someone called and told me to call them. When I called the person on the line began to say some things that made me very angry. On my way to hear my church member speak;I said I can't go like this; I don't want to be a hindrance so I began to worship. As I began to worship I started to cry and God said "you are hurt...that's the real reason you are angry". I think anger is a symptom of hurt; it is a wall of protection, a way to not be vulnerable. When I got there the speaker was talking about having authority and how we wrestle not with flesh and blood. I'm gonna make it my goal to be vulnerable to God and lay future and pasts hurts and offences at the feet of Jesus. I am gonna give him my brokenness and allow him to heal me. If God heals the hurt there will be no place for anger.

Ephesians 6:12
For for we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Psalm 34:18
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a brokenheart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lukewarm by Grace

Psalm 23

Psalm 91

Mother and Child